It's just past the middle of January and what a year it is so far! Omicron! The Dawgs are National Champions! It Snowed! I don't know about you but for me, the year started like a wide receiver dashing to the end zone!
In addition to publishing Macaroni KID McDonough, I am also a communications consultant working out of my home. We turned the dining room into my home office, but we haven't put doors on yet. Until my youngest gets home from school at 2:30, my dogs and I enjoy peace and quiet while I work and they lay at my feet. After 2:30, its total chaos. As I am writing this, some very annoying teen YouTubers are screaming and reenacting movie scenes very loudly and my son finds it hilarious. I literally feel my blood pressure rising. It's sensory overload! My loudest office environment doesn't even come close to the noise level and interruptions I get at home. I know you know!
That is why I want Macaroni KID to be your local resource! So you can balance and manage all that is coming at you and you have one place to go to find ideas, resources, local business providers and events to enjoy intentional family and personal time. I develop the editorial calendar, with the intent to help you balance being a mom, partner, working and overseeing things at home. If there is a topic you would like to know more about, please email me at email@example.com.
Looking ahead you will find a local mom and a local business featured each month. If you know of a mom or a business owner who is contributing to our community or whom you'd like to know more about, please nominate them for our Macaroni Mom and Macaroni Merchant segments.
You will also see Macaroni KID McDonough out in the community this year hosting mom meetups, Macaroni KID events and at town festivals. I would love to meet you! I truly would like Macaroni KID to be a online and offline community so I started a Facebook Group and I would love for you to join! Also, please connect with me on Instagram and get daily updates on our Facebook page. As always, the weekly email will go out on Wednesday and will highlight all the local events I can find for the weekend.
I also we continue to create great guides as resources for you. Coming soon is our 2022 Summer Camp Guide and our Party Planning Guide.
These are just a few of the exciting things I have planned for you in 2022!
Speaking of planning, check our family bucket list for local fun in 2022. I look forward to intentionally planning time for myself, for a date night and for family fun each month.
- Party-by-Design is hosting a Girls Only Party every Friday at 7 PM - paint, sip and BYOB for $25
- Axe Country is starting leagues! What a great way to toss off the stress. Plus, if we have a Zombie apocalypse, you will be well prepared.
- Does someone in your family like Legos? If so, plan a visit to Atlanta Brick Con next month! You can get Brick Con discount tickets here! Be on the lookout for a giveaway on our social channels!
- Another exciting local event is the Garden Brothers Circus in Hampton at Atlanta Motor Speedway. It is only in town February 3-6.
Beginnings & Endings
- PJ’s in downtown McDonough has closed its doors for good after 18 years.
- Three Chicks on the Square has moved to the retail space recently vacated by Charlies. With additional space they have also expanded their inventory!
- Island Sun Poke recently opened on the McDonough Square on 3 7th Griffin Street, open daily 11-9
- A Hotworx Sauna Studio is opening in Stockbridge
- It's Spring registration time for rec sports: baseball, softball, adult softball, basketball, flag football, pickle ball, cheer, and soccer
- Families can a set of 4 free Covid tests per household. Order yours at www.COVIDtests.gov
Have a great week!